Well 2017 is almost done, but there is still time for one more Gold release!
Kharkov ’42 has been one of the most popular games from the Panzer Campaign series. The fact that both sides have to feverishly attack and defend in different areas of the front results in a range of possibilities balanced with significant compromise.
Like Smolensk ’41, Stalingrad ’42 & the Moscow ’42 Gold releases, the new Gold version of Kharkov ’42 includes the following updates and upgrades;
- The game code will now be standardized on the JTS codebase. There will be no further support for the HPS version
- All new ‘complete’ game map
- All new 2D & 3D map graphics
- All new unit graphics and counters on map
- All new unit cards
- All new in game sounds; weapon, explosion, background and miscellaneous
- All released Volcano Man scenarios
- A brand new Campaign game by César ‘Indragnir’ Librán Moreno.
- New ‘modern’ toolbar icons
- Code update – disruption no longer halves movement during the day and is reduced by one third at night.
- Code update – reinforcement ‘place all’ has been migrated across from the First World War Campaign series.
César’s new Campaign Scenario (#02-Campaign-Full Variant1) has used significant new information that has become available over the last couple of years. This information was not available when the original Kharkov ’42 campaigns were designed. César’ has included some very detailed Campaign notes in an included word document. This scenario will be a real delight for prior players of Kharkov ’42 as the availability of many units has changed and is a worthy addition for the Gold update.
Here are some additional screenshots (all can be clicked to view at full size);
Additional product information is here Kharkov ’42 Gold Product Page
If you already have the JTS 2.00 version of Kharkov ’42, please get the 2.01 Gold patch from here JTS Update Page
If you own the HPS version and would like the Gold version then email JTS support for your game key Support@johntillersoftware.com
Till our next announcement….